Thursday, December 13, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday Our Darling!


In honour of our little girl's favorite colour, I will write in PINK!  Evie turned 4 recently and had her Montessori friends out to the gym club for a party.  Mommy made the cake and decorated it too, with the help of cousin Erin's icing tips (both literal and verbal).  This was the result, not too horrible I felt! 

I do have new appreciation for those in the business of cake decorating...it takes forever!  The cake part wasn't so involved, but the mixing and colouring and designing and application of the icing, ay yi yi!

Following that, the challenge at our house was for the cake to remain untouched...first off was keeping Tinkerbelle upright (she finally fell off and broke a wing, as I was heading off to the party; by that point I really didn't care where she ended up, so sick of placing her back upright was I), the second challenge was keeping Sean away from the icing.  Several bits had started to go missing, and I knew it was him.

Nonetheless, we finally got it where it was supposed to be, and Evie had lots of fun.


Don't let them fool you; they are nice and quiet here, receiving instructions from the gym coach, but it was mayhem later! Evie is on the far left.




She blew the candles out so quick that Daddy couldn't get any closer with the camera!

So now she is four.  She is very proud of counting out 4 on her fingers, to anyone who asks her age, and knows that next year she gets to add a thumb. Our little baby is no more, but I keep telling her she will always be my baby, because she is our youngest.  Plus it's nice to always have a baby to hug and cuddle!

I do try to spare a thought for her birth parents on this day.  It seems very remote, but I am sure they must remember her and this time period would remind them of her.  At least I hope so.  Like every adoptive parent of a child from China says, I wish that I could let them know that she is well, and that we love and cherish her very very much.

I would, however, have to apologize for the treatment she gets from a certain big brother, you know, the middle child, who isn't always so appreciative of having a sister.  Now in Sean's strange way, he is probably very grateful for her as she provides hours of entertainment when he makes her scream by chasing her with fake spiders etc.

Hence, both boys were at home during this party, but I don't think they really minded.  We had had a little family party on the date of her actual birthday.

And so the Cameron family birthdays are done for 2012.  Now just Jesus' birthday to deal with and all of it's prep.

Why is it, at this busy time of year, I just want to follow the rhythm of nature and cozy up with a book in a corner?

Well cookies to bake, food to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment